Job Type: Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Reporting to: Delivery Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Immense is a scalable, SaaS start-up inspired by an award winning team to meet the challenges of the global transportation market.
Our range of cutting-edge SaaS tools provide continuously updating city-scale simulations that enable our customers to better understand the effects of investments in the transportation ecosystem across all modes and multiple time horizons. Our tools deliver nuanced decision-making capabilities to users in operations and strategy roles, driving down costs and increasing efficiencies for planners, investors, and operators.
Since our formation in 2016 we have won major collaborative projects; achieved commercial revenue in three countries and have opened offices in Barcelona, Silicon Valley and Detroit. Most recently, launching the next stage of our exciting journey, we have secured $4.6m in Series A funding. This investment will aid the continued growth and development of our AI-driven ‘Simulation as a Service’ platform, which is disrupting traditional transportation modelling.
The Series A funding was co-led by global technology investor, Amadeus Capital Partners, one of Europe’s most active AI investors according to Pitchbook, and Global Brain Corporation, one of the largest Japanese technology venture capital investment firms. Further investment was made by 31 Ventures, part of the Mitsui Fudosan Group .
Immense are looking for an experienced Automation Test Engineer to expand their team based in Milton Keynes.
Candidates should have a strong ability to solve problems and think laterally. Excellent English oral and written communication skills are also required.
As an Automation Test Engineer you will design, evolve and implement Immense’s automated testing suites of Web Browser and API as well as write code to examine and test features and deployments.
You will work closely with other engineers to develop tests to cover feature development within sprint and ensure that issues are addressed in a timely manner.
You will have good troubleshooting skills and will gain a sense of reward from helping others.
You have a preference for automating testing rather than undertaking this manually.
Role and responsibilities
- Design, define and implement automated test suites to satisfy and cover feature requirements
- Remain aware of automation tools
- Review, evaluate and turn high-level requirements into detailed test cases, with clear scope, quality criteria, and deliverables
- Improve efficiency of test methodology and processes throughout engineering
- Assess how effective the software testing was and determine how the testing process and coverage can be improved
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner, assisting in the investigation and resolution
- Ensure testing is carried out in a timely, repeatable and effective fashion
- Investigate and resolve causes of instability in the automated test execution
- Work with development to design and incorporate entry points and instrumentation in the code for testing frameworks
- Identify and analyse useful quality data and other metrics. Write tools to report on these metrics
- Determine when components meet acceptable quality criteria and standards and give the go-ahead for release to production
Essential Skills and Experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience in automation testing
- Excellent coding skills in Java and one scripting language (e.g Python)
- Previous experience with at least one automated testing tool (e.g. Selenium Webdriver, QTP, TestComplete)
- BSc in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 5 years relevant work experience)
- Previous experience of leading/mentoring/driving automation testing knowledge transfer/coaching, evaluation of test strategies
- Estimation, work breakdown and test coverage needs from explicit and implicit test requirements
- Understanding engineering changes to identify risk areas and mitigation plans
- Genuinely strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Investigate software defects and identify root cause
- Experience in setting up a test framework
- Experience in working with continuous integration environment/project and have good knowledge of GIT and Jenkins
- Should be able to configure automation scripts with Jenkins
- Should have a good working knowledge of database eg. MongoDB, mySQL
- Knowledge & experience on JIRA tools
- Experience working in AGILE project teams is an added advantage
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of testing Java software applications
- Experience of testing, development or support of SAAS solutions
- Test Automation development and maintenance for Web applications
- Experience of Server OS (Linux, Windows Server, Suse and Ubuntu)
- Highly motivated, independent, positive and fully engaged in the pursuit of personal and business objectives
- Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Up to date professional knowledge, expertise and best practice
- A good team player, who can support and promote corporate objectives
- Competitive salary
- Share Option
- 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
- RingGo discounted parking in Milton Keynes
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
Some travel may be required for this role
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, nationality origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your full name and the title of the job you are applying for in the subject.
No agencies, thank you