Job Type: Permanent
Reporting to: COO
Start Date: Immediate
Immense is a scalable, SaaS start-up inspired by an award winning team to meet the challenges of the global transportation market.
Our range of cutting-edge SaaS tools provide continuously updating city-scale simulations that enable our customers to better understand the effects of investments in the transportation ecosystem across all modes and multiple time horizons. Our tools deliver nuanced decision-making capabilities to users in operations and strategy roles, driving down costs and increasing efficiencies for planners, investors, and operators.
Since our formation in 2016 we have won major collaborative projects; achieved commercial revenue in three countries and have opened offices in Barcelona, Silicon Valley and Detroit. Most recently, launching the next stage of our exciting journey, we have secured $4.6m in Series A funding. This investment will aid the continued growth and development of our AI-driven ‘Simulation as a Service’ platform, which is disrupting traditional transportation modelling.
The Series A funding was co-led by global technology investor, Amadeus Capital Partners, one of Europe’s most active AI investors according to Pitchbook, and Global Brain Corporation, one of the largest Japanese technology venture capital investment firms. Further investment was made by 31 Ventures, part of the Mitsui Fudosan Group .
This role would suit someone with previous experience of a commercial role, or even an in-house lawyer, particularly with good public sector and technology exposure. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of the exploitation of intellectual property and its protection, understand public procurement law, and should be able to provide commercial and IP support to the Catapult in transactions and bids, helping to frame and support the Company’s commercial propositions and collaborative R&D contracts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Management of Commercial and Legal aspects of the business
- Drafting and advising upon Commercial Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, Service Agreements, Data Sharing Agreements and commercial contracts. R&D based agreements and NDA’s
- Interpreting and advising on general commercial contracts, review of supplier T&Cs, outsourcing and procurement.
- Ensuring the organisation’s compliance with its legal obligations.
- Interaction with key stakeholders both internally and externally with respect to R&D agreements.
- Accountable for the diverse commercial and legal affairs and risks.
- Responsible for all commercial contracts on the supply side, and oversight of procurement contracts
- Providing commercial advice to the Company on bids and proposals
- Reviewing and responsibility for tenders, submissions and compliance
- Be the main point of contact with the Company’s external legal advisers
- Responsibility for Data Protection matters
- Identify and, where appropriate, protect the Company’s intellectual property
Essential skills and experience
- Proven ability to draft, advise and negotiate on commercial contracts collaboration/consortium agreements and grant funding agreements
- Client/customer facing and ability to demonstrate stakeholder negotiation skills
- Performance management
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Experience of pricing/funding and ability to commercialise opportunities
- Experience of managing teams
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience of Innovate UK or other EU grant submissions
- Legal qualification an advantage but not essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work quickly and accurately, takes initiative, when required
- Excellent organisational skills
- Accurate with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Able to engage with people across the organisation and externally to deliver objectives
- A good team player
- Excellent management attributes including a calm and balanced demeanour, empathy and ability to motivate teams
- Collaborative and non-hierarchical style of working
- Able to command a high-profile presence both internally and externally
- Able to demonstrate courage and conviction to deliver better strategic outcomes
- Competitive salary
- Share Option
- 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
- RingGo discounted parking in Milton Keynes
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
Some travel may be required for this role
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, nationality origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com along with your full name and the title of the job you are applying for in the subject.
No agencies, thank you