Job Type: Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Reporting to: Delivery Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Immense is a scalable, SaaS start-up inspired by an award winning team to meet the challenges of the global transportation market.
Our range of cutting-edge SaaS tools provide continuously updating city-scale simulations that enable our customers to better understand the effects of investments in the transportation ecosystem across all modes and multiple time horizons. Our tools deliver nuanced decision-making capabilities to users in operations and strategy roles, driving down costs and increasing efficiencies for planners, investors, and operators.
Since our formation in 2016 we have won major collaborative projects; achieved commercial revenue in three countries and have opened offices in Barcelona, Silicon Valley and Detroit. Most recently, launching the next stage of our exciting journey, we have secured $4.6m in Series A funding. This investment will aid the continued growth and development of our AI-driven ‘Simulation as a Service’ platform, which is disrupting traditional transportation modelling.
The Series A funding was co-led by global technology investor, Amadeus Capital Partners, one of Europe’s most active AI investors according to Pitchbook, and Global Brain Corporation, one of the largest Japanese technology venture capital investment firms. Further investment was made by 31 Ventures, part of the Mitsui Fudosan Group .
As a DevOps Engineer, you will design, build and maintain the AWS cloud infrastructure for our production as well as our development and build environments. You will ensure the highest level of automation and monitoring across all environments, enabling us to develop, build, deploy and run our platform as efficiently and safely as possible.
- Manage, evolve, build CI/CD pipeline and their elements
- Automate build processes and support the team during the release
- Develop improvements to deployment architecture and recommend process improvements
- Working towards a successful, modern, highly available, high quality, high performance architecture
- Build, release and configuration management of various deployment environments
- Document and share knowledge gained
- Interact with cross functional engineering teams across the company
- Follow the technical standards and shared team commitments
- Be part of the team’s agile working practices to deliver high quality software (Planning, Standups, Demos, Retros, Code Reviews, TDD)
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience with AWS
- Good experience and knowledge of ASG, ALB, VPC and ELB
- li>Good understanding of provisioning, deploying and automating application stacks
- i>Experience with Web Services, RESTful APIs and MicroServices
- i>Strong understanding of Linux operating systems and Shell Scripting
- i>CI/CD experience (ideally using Gradle and Jenkins)
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with version control systems (preferably GIT)
- Comfortable working in teams
- Technology enthusiast - eager to work with a range of technologies
- Ability to use wide variety of open source technology
- Knowledge of best practices related to DevOps/SecOps
- Experience in implementing and maintaining failover mechanisms such as autoscaling and use of managed database services
- Knowledge of ELK stack
- Implemented monitoring tools eg. CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience and knowledge of Scrum Agile tools (preferably JIRA)
- Experience with containerization, Docker, Rancher and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Artifact Repository Manager, Npm, Nexus and Artifactory will be useful
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining deployment monitoring mechanisms
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills
- ood communication skills (written and verbal)
- Hands on person who can take ownership, committed and self-organized
- Commitment to quality
- Strong team player
- "Can-Do" approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload
- Enjoy working in an informal environment with a "start-up" culture
- Competitive salary
- Share Option
- 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
- RingGo discounted parking in Milton Keynes
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, nationality origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com along with your full name and the title of the job you are applying for in the subject.
No agencies, thank you