Job Type: Permanent
Department: Science and Tech
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Reporting to: Chief Scientist
Start Date: Immediate
Immense is a scalable, SaaS start-up inspired by an award winning team to meet the challenges of the global transportation market.
Our range of cutting-edge SaaS tools provide continuously updating city-scale simulations that enable our customers to better understand the effects of investments in the transportation ecosystem across all modes and multiple time horizons. Our tools deliver nuanced decision-making capabilities to users in operations and strategy roles, driving down costs and increasing efficiencies for planners, investors, and operators.
Since our formation in 2016 we have won major collaborative projects; achieved commercial revenue in three countries and have opened offices in Barcelona, Silicon Valley and Detroit. Most recently, launching the next stage of our exciting journey, we have secured $4.6m in Series A funding. This investment will aid the continued growth and development of our AI-driven ‘Simulation as a Service’ platform, which is disrupting traditional transportation modelling.
The Series A funding was co-led by global technology investor, Amadeus Capital Partners, one of Europe’s most active AI investors according to Pitchbook, and Global Brain Corporation, one of the largest Japanese technology venture capital investment firms. Further investment was made by 31 Ventures, part of the Mitsui Fudosan Group .
The successful candidate will form part of the Science and Technology team and will directly contribute to the research of new technology and algorithms for the company’s products and projects. The job will focus on the development of future versions of components within a fleet management system and its interaction with other components of the system. It might also involve working on other aspects of the company.
This role will work under the guidance of senior members of the team, but a proactive, independent thinking attitude is expected. The role will be based in our research office, in Barcelona.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the research arm of the company
- Provide innovative solutions to mobility problems
- Provide scientific results to support any claim of our products/services
- Liaise with the software development team to develop research prototypes and transfer them into production ready systems
- Present solutions to the rest of the company and external stakeholders
Essential Technical Skills and Experience
- Broad Programming skills (at least two of the following): Java, C++, C#, Python
- Minimum knowledge of modern software engineering
- Good algorithmic skills
- Understanding of modern database systems (both SQL and NoSQL)
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience in working with git or similar version control systems
- Good knowledge of software design patterns
- Experience in working with agile methodology
- Experience with simulation tools
- Experience with Unix systems
- Code generation experience would be a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) in Catalan or Spanish and English
- Hands on person who can take ownership, committed and self organized
- Commitment to quality
- Strong team player
- "Can-Do" approach to a wide and rapidly changing workload
- Enjoy working in an informal environment with a "start-up" culture
- Minimum degree level on Computing, Engineering or similar disciplines
- MSc and PhD not required but are an advantage
- Competitive salary
- Share Option
- 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
- RingGo discounted parking in Milton Keynes
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, nationality origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your full name and the title of the job you are applying for in the subject.
No agencies, thank you