Job Type: Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Reporting to: Delivery Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Immense is a scalable, SaaS start-up inspired by an award winning team to meet the challenges of the global transportation market.
Our range of cutting-edge SaaS tools provide continuously updating city-scale simulations that enable our customers to better understand the effects of investments in the transportation ecosystem across all modes and multiple time horizons. Our tools deliver nuanced decision-making capabilities to users in operations and strategy roles, driving down costs and increasing efficiencies for planners, investors, and operators.
Since our formation in 2016 we have won major collaborative projects; achieved commercial revenue in three countries and have opened offices in Barcelona, Silicon Valley and Detroit. Most recently, launching the next stage of our exciting journey, we have secured $4.6m in Series A funding. This investment will aid the continued growth and development of our AI-driven ‘Simulation as a Service’ platform, which is disrupting traditional transportation modelling.
The Series A funding was co-led by global technology investor, Amadeus Capital Partners, one of Europe’s most active AI investors according to Pitchbook, and Global Brain Corporation, one of the largest Japanese technology venture capital investment firms. Further investment was made by 31 Ventures, part of the Mitsui Fudosan Group .
The successful candidate will form part of the technical capability team and will directly contribute to the delivery of the company’s products. The job will focus on the development of components within mobility simulation applications and the software as a service framework and its interaction with other components of the system.
This role will work under the guidance of senior members of the team, but a proactive, independent thinking attitude is expected. The role will be based in our head office, in Milton Keynes.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute high-quality software development (mainly in Java but other languages such as Python may also be used)
- Contribute to professional quality documentation for the developed software
- Integrate with the development team under and agile development methodology
Essential Technical Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years of software development experience in Core Java, J2EE and Spring.
- Experience in unit testing
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience in scripting languages
- Experience in working with agile methodology
- Experience in working with git or similar version control systems
- Experience in using test driven development
- Ideally experience coding with Web Services and SOA
- Knowledge of design patterns and software development best practices
- Database exposure: SQL/NoSQL
- Experience in publish/subscribe architectures
- Some experience exporting to clouds (e.g AWS)
- Enthusiastic with can-do approach
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Hands on person who can take ownership, committed and self organized
- Commitment to quality
- Strong team player
- Enjoy working in an informal environment with a "start-up" culture
- Remain up-to-dates with technology advances and best practice within area of expertise
- Minimum degree level on Computing, Engineering or similar disciplines
- MSc and PhD not required but are an advantage
- Competitive salary
- Share Option
- 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
- RingGo discounted parking in Milton Keynes
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, nationality origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your full name and the title of the job you are applying for in the subject.
No agencies, thank you