Job Type: Permanent
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Reporting to: CE
Start Date: Immediate
Immense is a scalable, SaaS start-up inspired by an award winning team to meet the challenges of the global transportation market.
Our range of cutting-edge SaaS tools provide continuously updating city-scale simulations that enable our customers to better understand the effects of investments in the transportation ecosystem across all modes and multiple time horizons. Our tools deliver nuanced decision-making capabilities to users in operations and strategy roles, driving down costs and increasing efficiencies for planners, investors, and operators.
Since our formation in 2016 we have won major collaborative projects; achieved commercial revenue in three countries and have opened offices in Barcelona, Silicon Valley and Detroit. Most recently, launching the next stage of our exciting journey, we have secured $4.6m in Series A funding. This investment will aid the continued growth and development of our AI-driven ‘Simulation as a Service’ platform, which is disrupting traditional transportation modelling.
The Series A funding was co-led by global technology investor, Amadeus Capital Partners, one of Europe’s most active AI investors according to Pitchbook, and Global Brain Corporation, one of the largest Japanese technology venture capital investment firms. Further investment was made by 31 Ventures, part of the Mitsui Fudosan Group .
Join our Applications Team and apply your skills and experience to tackle the most challenging problems in transport.
Modelling specialists will use our innovative software to deliver of high quality external and internal projects. They work closely with our development and science teams to ensure the functionality and performance of our product meets the needs of our clients and aligns with our technology roadmap as well as contributing to developing tools to automate the building of calibrated and validated models throughout the world.
The essence of this job
Working within the Applications Team, you will apply our products on current projects and help evolve our Technology Roadmap by identifying requirements common across our project and opportunities portfolio. Your passion to innovate and experience in the transport domain will help guide us to develop simulation products that address failings or opportunites currently present or anticipated in the industry. Your proficiency in building calibrated and validated transport models will help in building automated workflows to accelerate the application of our products into new geographies.
- Apply our simulation products on innovative projects (both internally and externally)
- Develop and maintain expert level of product knowledge and application
- Manage projects or elements of projects, including scoping, task management, resource tracking and client engagement
- Where appropriate, manage, mentor and support junior staff
- Preparation of technical and non-technical reports
- Identify, research and develop repeatable automated workflows to build relevant simulation use cases
- Identify and explore relevant data sources which could add value to our product offering
- Lead and support the development of proposals which use or develop our products
- Identify relevant product requirements and opportunity to enhance our product offering and meet current industry failings
- Listen, understand and convey existing and prospective customer requirements through various means including workshops and one-to-one’s
- Be an internal reviewer of our products, recommending enhancements, identifying and reporting bugs, reviewing and amending documention
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users;
- Undertake training of users of different levels of technical aptitude
- Present at industry events and conferences, and contribute to technical papers and marketing materials
Skills and experience
- 3+ years experience in the Transport Modelling / Simulation industry or equivalent in an academic role
- Degree in an appropriate technical discipline (such as mathematics, physics, engineering or computer science, or equivalent successful experience in an industry role
- Understanding of the principles of at least one of choice modelling, highway assignment modelling, microsimulation or demand modelling
- Proficient in at least one existing transport modelling and simulation software package
- Knowledge and appreciation of modelling guidance and standards
- Knowledge and experience of applying agent based simulation would be an advantage
- Programming or scripting experience in languages such as Python would be an advantage
- Experience of automating workflows to make simulation easier and quicker would be an advantage
- Conference speaking experience would be an advantage but not necessary
- Highly motivated, independent, positive and fully engaged in the pursuit of personal and business objectives
- Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Up to date professional knowledge, expertise and best practice
- A good team player, who can support and promote corporate objectives
- Strong communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Passionate about innovation and always pursuing to do things better
- Willingness to challenge accepted ways of working
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment where priorities can change
- Competitive salary
- Share Option
- 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
- RingGo discounted parking in Milton Keynes
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
Some travel may be required for this role
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, nationality origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your full name and the title of the job you are applying for in the subject.
No agencies, thank you