Job Type: Permanent
Department: Engineering - Platforms
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Reporting to: Principal Technologist
Start Date: Immediate
Immense is a scalable, SaaS start-up inspired by an award winning team to meet the challenges of the global transportation market.
Our range of cutting-edge SaaS tools provide continuously updating city-scale simulations that enable our customers to better understand the effects of investments in the transportation ecosystem across all modes and multiple time horizons. Our tools deliver nuanced decision-making capabilities to users in operations and strategy roles, driving down costs and increasing efficiencies for planners, investors, and operators.
Since our formation in 2016 we have won major collaborative projects; achieved commercial revenue in three countries and have opened offices in Barcelona, Silicon Valley and Detroit. Most recently, launching the next stage of our exciting journey, we have secured $4.6m in Series A funding. This investment will aid the continued growth and development of our AI-driven ‘Simulation as a Service’ platform, which is disrupting traditional transportation modelling.
The Series A funding was co-led by global technology investor, Amadeus Capital Partners, one of Europe’s most active AI investors according to Pitchbook, and Global Brain Corporation, one of the largest Japanese technology venture capital investment firms. Further investment was made by 31 Ventures, part of the Mitsui Fudosan Group .
Immense are looking for an Agile UX/UI Designer to join their team, someone who understand the core principles of a user-centred approach to design and development. At all times, the focus must be on achieving the highest possible level of UX, through a simple and intuitive UI.
The Agile UX/UI Designer will be accountable for the delivery of design requirements for key product initiatives on time and to an acceptable quality within agreed processes.
- Accountable for the delivery of design UX requirements for key product initiatives on time and to an acceptable quality
- Use a combination of user and requirement analysis, conceptualizing, wireframing and / or prototyping to agree a way forward for new and existing features
- Create a style guide for the product following design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Attend scoping meetings with key stakeholders to advise on the design approach to business / end-user requirements and support the Product Owner with ticket creation of user stories, new features, upgrades and bug fixes in the case of absence or leave
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Review new feature and upgrade requests and oversee the design / documentation of all UX / UI requirements by collaborating directly with the Product Owner and Lead Developer
- Conduct UX research through engagement with clients
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven UX and UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience in user insight tools such as Google Analytics and Pendo
- At least 3-5 years commercial experience
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
- Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set.
- Skilled written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic work environment where priorities can change.
- Excellent organisational skills. Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Competitive salary
- Share Option
- 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
- RingGo discounted parking in Milton Keynes
- Highly challenging and rewarding environment
- Ability to impact the business
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, nationality origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com along with your full name and the title of the job you are applying for in the subject.
No agencies, thank you